Colaboradores

segunda-feira, 26 de março de 2012

First short story

    Well, they told me... indeed they had told me about happy endings. Its easy write about what you know, and, for what you don’t we got the clichés.
Actually it wasn't to be just another sad story. Just another way to show people how there always someone more fucked then they are. So I begin this failing. It's fucking hilarious, somehow. I guess when you hit the bottom and you realize the pit is full of shit you just take a deep breath and dive. And then, all covered in shit you realize how happy you really are, and how lucky. How things can get worse? And so you star to remember all those clichés. "Life may take you down but it is your choice to get up". I have no job, no graduation, 27 years old and I am kind of short. Looks like a nerd, no, I am not any genius. Everything I learned was by hard work. I decided to change things. One day I just looked in the mirror and said: "Enough". I shaved, a showered, I cleaned my room and start to study how to study. How my brain works and how could I use it to make some money? Nothing came, so I decided to go out and grab a drink. My buddy McFadden and I went to this college bar. There was a party going on. My university ID was with me so we came in. It was quite empty, but soon we get there, people starts to show up. My girl friend came over and stopped to talk a little. "Hi, guys" she kissed us in the cheek. I turned to be at her side and have a look at the party. Then we start to talk. "Aren't you liking what you where seen?"
"Well, you are unique, but not the unique" I said with a smile.
She seemed quite intrigued, with my answer, but she smiled anyway.
"I'm going take a beer, be right back"
Indeed, I wasn't in the mood to chat. All I wanted was a whisky and a place to put my head in place. I was lost in myself. Fucked up, broken... and I knew it there were no help in blaming the world. This was on me... talk about myself wouldn't help. Someone told me to look for therapy. No way, my mom is a therapist, I know all their tricks. If someone could help me, I would be this person. I was in the semester's start, all my life before me... well; actually there was a drink before me and a bartender, and after, far away across the bar, the girl that would change the night. She was looking to me or was just my imagination? Last vacations I read about these guys, the PUAs. They were like these superheroes of picking girls. They could get any girl, any time. I would be awesome if I’ve got these kinds of "powers". So in my research I found about this guy who was as nerd as I and manage to became one of the best PUA around the world. I bought the book. I read it all in like one day. There was my chance. I through about getting up and walk to her, and then I asked myself, what would Hank Moody do? Well he is the other writer I know who can get the girls. And my answer was "nothing" he would do nothing and wait to the shit hit the fan. So I barely took note of her, give her a slight smile and keep drinking.
When I looked again she was gone. I ordered other whisky and turned my back to the bar just to see her coming to me. She looked surprised and asked "how did you do it?"
I smiled.
"Magic"
She was amused.
"What is your poison?"
She looked to the bartender and asked vodka. Then she sat at my side and we start to chat.
The whole world was kind of fading around us. But at same time I could know exactly what was going on. And so I saw a drunken guy coming forward. Just in time I grabbed her and did a twist. The guy throws up all over the bar and her sit.
"You are really a magician"
"Well, to be honest, I just pay attention". We laugh. I would like to say we kissed. But no. My girl friend showed up, the girls starts to talk like old friends. Just the way only girls can do. Like a magician I was that night, I took the cue and disappeared.
So I understood why we say "I am not in the mood". I was not in the mood, I was not Hank Moody.
I was just me, drinking my scotch, blaming myself for my shit life again.
Until the end of the night or times, any one comes first.

Um comentário:

  1. Primeiramente, não corrigi o Inglês. Estou com a grafia enferrujada e um dos motivos que me levaram a escrever em outro idioma é justamente treinar.
    Estou testando o estilo. Pretendo postar mais textos assim, porém, corrigidos adequadamente.

    ResponderExcluir